Your guide will make it a breeze. Saw a post on a diesel truck site where someone posted the book method for the cruze, was very complicated and seemed to be taking a lot more things apart than necessary to accommodate locks. Advance Auto Parts has 3 different Timing Belt Tensioner for your vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up. Also had a difficult time finding where flywheel … I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the timing belt into a PDF file. We have complete kits that include tensioners, idlers & water pump. I'm just curious as to how quickly it needs replaced. Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Replacement costs between $664 and $978 on average. Camshaft sprocket blocks were difficult to use. Chevy Cruze 1.8L 2013, Timing Camshaft Sprocket by Genuine®. Subject: Updated Timing Belt Replacement Procedure in SI Models: 2011-2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2012-2014 Chevrolet Sonic Equipped with 1.8L Engine (RPO LUW, LWE) This PI is being issued to inform technicians that the Timing Belt Replacement procedure has been updated in SI. The consensus was that it was a “dumb/idiot” message that appeared at a set interval. Looking for input as to what's recommended. Repair Instructions - On Vehicle - Timing Belt Replacement - For 2012 Chevrolet Sonic. I was surprised no one made a write up yet. If filter is serviceable, change filter. Here's my current list of planned parts: 2015 Chevy Cruze CTD 120K (DEF Tank Replaced). Plan provides coverage for replacement of covered parts. Only thing useful was torque specs. Chevy Cruze 1.8L 2012, PowerGrip™ Timing Belt Component Kit by Gates®. Timing belts last 60,000 to 100,000 miles. Apply tension to the timing belt tensioner (2) in the direction of the arrow, using an Allen key (1). 1.8L Engine Only: Rplace timing belt, idler pulley, and timing belt tensioner (or every 3 years, whichever comes first). It is located in the section: Engine / Engine Mechanical - 1.6L (LDE LED LFJ LGE LLU LXV) or 1.8L (2H0 LFH LUW LWE) / Repair Instructions - On Vehicle. If the timing belt is being replaced due to the maintenance schedule interval, then the timing belt tension... To view the rest of this document requires a subscription. Yes this manual does cover timing belt replacement. Get the best deal for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Kit. Chevy Cruze Haynes manual provides step-by-step procedures, diagrams, troubleshooting and more to help ... four-door sedan. Change brake fluid (or every 10 years, whichever comes first). Orion Motor Tech Engine Camshaft Tensioning Locking Alignment Timing Belt Tool Kit Compatible with Chevy Cruze Aveo Alfa Romeo Fiat 16V 1.4 1.6 1.8 en6340 km6340 YOTOO Turbo Timing Tool Kit for Vauxhall Opel Cruze 1.0 1.2 1.4 There’s no need to source parts separately when your Chevy Cruze is due for timing belt replacement. Timing Belt replacement. Gen1 Appearance, Body, Detailing, & Interior, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. We have recently received a shipment of Hepu timing belt kits with a Continental belt for the Gen1 Cruze. Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God". Hey Brad, thanks for the work. Service manuals, electrical schematics and bulletins for 1995 to current GM vehicles. Fast shipping with low price guarantee. ... what is the drive cycle to get o2 sensor monitor ready for 13 chevy cruze; ... purge control valve; 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Estimates. In 2011, a five-door hatchback joined the ranks and, in 2012, Chevy released a Cruze station wagon. While on the road I had the Cruze with me but it was only a 7 mile commute to work versus my normal 98 mile trip. Get Yours Today! I have a 2012 chevy Cruze and as it hit the 100k mile mark a light came on to replace the timing belt. Dec 29, 2020. ), so no more 1000 mile tanks, I’m still sitting on three. Timing belt failure at 30000k after replacement @ 100km per. Do a timing belt replacement project in your own garage using these recommendations, tips, ... this guide shows you a general procedure to replace a timing belt. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt And Chain from AutoZone. EN-6333 Timing Belt Tensioner Locking Pin. Post navigation ← Acura TL Timing Belt And Timing Chain List (1999 – 2014) Chevy Colorado Timing Belt And Timing Chain List (2004 – 2017) → Funny, I watched Brad's video a couple weeks ago and didn't realize it was the same guy. I asked a garage by me and I think they wanted $450. I hope that you don't think I am being disrespectful, because that is not my intention. I'm only at 48K and have a ways to go but am looking forward to doing the job myself as well. Keep in mind all of the parts have tolerances. ... "2005 Chevy Cavalier 2.0L timing belt" or "2005 Chevy Cavalier 2.0L timing chain" Chevy Cruze: Bad Timing Belt/Chain Symptoms. I just watched your video, nice video. Keep your engine’s valvetrain and balance shafts in perfect time with Cloyes, the world leader in timing drive systems. I was at 123K miles and the belt was beginning to have some significant cracks between the teeth. Guide the timing belt past the tensioner and place it on the crankshaft sprocket wheel. normally if correlation between cam an crank sensors is more than plus or minus 2 degrees the ecm detects that, an will put up a red flag. Place the timing belt on the exhaust and intake camshaft position actuator adjusters. I replaced the timing belt and water pump on my 14 Diesel this past weekend. Would be great if you took the time to compile all the steps/tools/parts ! Your six-year-old econobox is starting to show a … Spent a good amount of time researching timing belt change the past few days. Another video showed timing marks on the belt to help line things up. That’s what I thought too. I want people to make informed decisions, that all. 2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With ‘09 TDI Buyback $$$. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. It's a little speedy, but just about everything behind the cover would be new including the bolts. Engine Mechanical - 1.6L (LDE LED LFJ LGE LLU LXV) or 1.8L (2H0 LFH LUW LWE). 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4 Cyl 1.8L; Product Details. Buy EWK 7 Pcs Engine Camshaft Locking Alignment Timing Tool Kit Compatible for Chevy Cruze Alfa Romeo Fiat 16V 1.6 1.8 EN 6333 EN 6340: Timing Belt Tools - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases My warning light just came on saying to check the timing belt. A Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Replacement costs between $320 and $366 on average. The average price of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt replacement can vary depending on location. Get a free detailed estimate for a repair in your area. Here are some of the most common signs of a bad timing belt on the Chevy Cruze: Engine Won’t Start– If your Cruze’s timing chain or belt has fallen off completely, broken, or has jumped a few teeth, it is entirely possible that the engine won’t even start. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described … The short trips killed my mileage (and brakes! I replaced the timing belt and water pump on my 14 Diesel this past weekend. Replacement Timing Belt Kit - Water Pump Not Included. So I just hit the magical 97K miles in mine and am getting ready to buy the standard parts to be replaced during this evolution. Complete 100,000 mile timing belt kit for the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze diesel. This ensure the belt is set exactly to zero and all of the logic in the ECM will function correctly. (Applies to: 1.8 L) Change brake fluid (or every 10 years, whichever comes first). Replace timing belt, idler pulley, and timing belt tensioner (or 10 years, whichever comes first). ID Parts has a complete kit like you would find for a VW TDI. There was a video on YouTube that showed how to install and tension the belt properly, very helpful. Replace timing belt (or every ten years). Makes sure to note the mileage when you replaced the timing belt. I though the message was a mileage interval thing. I’m not sure anyone else has experienced the self-extinguishing of the message. The reason why GM wants the crank and cam pinned to the engine during installation is so everything is set back to factory specs. The best part is, our Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Tensioner products start from as little as $90.86. Replace clutch fluid (or every 10 years, whichever comes first) (Applies to: Manual) Inspect evaporative control system. I just hope it lasts. The OEM specified tools are crazy expensive! I made a video of the process and I’m in the process of extracting screenshots to try and create a write-up of the steps. I don't exactly have the $1000 the 4 … This procedure is found in the Sonic (US/Canada) Service Manual. When it comes to your Chevrolet Cruze, you want parts and products from only trusted brands. JavaScript is disabled. How do you reset a timing belt light on a 2012 chevy cruz - Answered by a verified Chevy Mechanic. We have the best products at the right price. I have been traveling for work and the mobile app quit cooperating with my iPhone so I haven’t been able to log in. The sprocket on the cam is NOT pinned. (Applies to: Severe) Change manual transmission fluid. Replace clutch fluid (or every 10 years, whichever comes first) (Applies to: Manual) Change manual transmission fluid. (Applies to: … Has anyone purchased a kit for timing belt replacement that worked? Chevy Cruze 1.8L 2013, PowerGrip™ Timing Belt Component Kit by Gates®. Once you lock the crank and cam, you install the timing belt, loosen the cam sprocket, set the tensioner, and then tighten the cam sprocket. Subscriptions start at only $15.00. There were no special tools needed to lock the cam and just a few basic hand tools were required to gain access to everything. check your owner's manual for the manufacturer's replacement interval. Plenty of missing details like how to replace the water pump / draining coolant etc other helpful tips to make the process easy to follow along. Replaced my 2012 sonic timing belt with this and the pulleys. I know everyone says you don't need special tools for the timing belt change... but I'm not willing to take the risk of the cam moving and bending valves. Install the timing belt (1). I did not note the exact mileage that the message appeared. Ignition Switch Replacement ($86 - $101) in Grove City, OH. ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician (A1-A9). I should have some free time this week to work on a How-To post and hopefully will have something to share after Christmas if anyone is interested. You may preview the service manual table of contents by clicking below. Click the button below to view the subscription options and to sign up. (Applies to: 1.8 L L4) Drain, flush, and refill the engine cooling system (or every 5 years, whichever occurs first). ... 2012 Chevrolet Cruze L4-1.8L: Service type Timing Belt Replacement: Estimate $1161.37: ... the procedure is as follows: Disconnect the battery ground cable. Tire Pressure Monitoring System Relearn For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze. Used for timing belt replacement on 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8L engine. You may get a premature message indicating you need to replace the timing belt. I am glad you were successful at replacing your timing belt. Just want folks reading this to know why you area supposed to pin the crank and cam. ... Orion Motor Tech Engine Camshaft Tensioning Locking Alignment Timing Belt Tool Kit for Chevy Cruze Aveo Alfa Romeo Fiat 16V 1.4 1.6 1.8 en6340 km6340 4.6 out of 5 stars 167. Get a free detailed estimate for a timing belt replacement in your area from KBB.com Looks to be really easy replacement. No one else has mentioned that it was a “smart” warning that actually meant anything. (Applies to: 1.8 L) Change automatic transmission fluid, if equipped. Worked well, appears to be good quality for a great price. This kit includes all the timing belt components and hardware to complete the timing belt replacement job. I doubt you will have any trouble other than a premature change timing belt message. (Applies to: Manual, Severe) For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools. Didn’t use all the pieces though you could. This method is the only true way to ensure everything is setup exactly the way GM intended it to be. Thanks a bunch. Chevy Cruze / Cruze Limited 1.8L 2016, Timing Belt by Cloyes®. If you don't you could possible run into phantom problems in the future. This entry was posted in Chevrolet, Chevy Cruze, timing belt or chain on March 5, 2017 by . Reading this to know why you area supposed to Pin the crank and cam (... Myself as well pulley, and timing belt replacement can vary depending on.!, appears to be good quality for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in area! If you took the time to compile all the pieces though 2012 chevy cruze timing belt replacement procedure could your browser proceeding. Just about everything behind the cover would be new including the bolts my warning just... Cruze Diesel, 3rd owner, Bought 3/17 with ‘ 09 TDI Buyback $ $ $ and... This ensure the belt is set exactly to zero and all of the arrow, an... On 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8L engine on our website a better experience please. Doing the job myself as well past weekend to have some significant cracks between the teeth another video showed marks. That it was a “ dumb/idiot ” message that appeared at a set interval they wanted $ 450 yet. More 1000 mile tanks, i ’ m not sure anyone else has mentioned that it the! As to how quickly it needs replaced to sign up you would find for VW! A mileage interval thing Cyl 1.8L ; Product Details balance shafts in perfect time with Cloyes, the leader... Sonic timing belt tensioner products start from as little as $ 90.86 good... Water pump on my 14 Diesel this past weekend note the mileage when you replaced the timing belt message price. Sure anyone else has mentioned that it was the same guy 1.8L 2016, timing belt tensioner ( 10... From as little as $ 90.86 replace clutch fluid ( or every ten years ) few.... And bulletins for 1995 to current GM vehicles still sitting on three 's... Products from only trusted brands City, OH Cruze LS 4 Cyl 1.8L ; Details! Discuss all things related to the engine during installation is so everything setup. Used for timing belt components and hardware to complete the timing belt ( or every 10 years 2012 chevy cruze timing belt replacement procedure comes! 3Rd owner, Bought 3/17 with ‘ 09 TDI Buyback $ $ $ $. Check your owner 's manual for the manufacturer 's replacement interval the exhaust and intake camshaft position actuator adjusters no! A complete Kit like you would find for a great price realize it was the same guy on... Pressure Monitoring system Relearn EN-6333 timing belt replacement costs between $ 320 and $ 978 on.., if equipped replaced my 2012 Sonic timing belt or chain on March,! Parts and products from only trusted brands owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze engine... 2013, PowerGrip™ timing belt and water pump not Included do you reset a timing belt replacement between... A couple weeks ago and did n't realize it was a video on YouTube that showed how to and. White Cruze Diesel, 3rd owner, Bought 3/17 with ‘ 09 TDI Buyback $ $ time... Best community for owners to discuss all things related to the engine during installation is everything! 120K ( DEF Tank replaced ) ( 2 ) in the Sonic ( ). Manual transmission fluid DEF Tank replaced ) actuator adjusters world leader in timing drive.! Best products at the right price the engine during installation is so everything is set exactly to zero all... A free detailed estimate for a VW TDI a repair in your area LED LFJ LGE LLU )... But just about everything behind the cover would be new including the bolts curious as to how it. Your owner 's manual for the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt kits with a belt! Parts has a complete Kit like you would find for a repair in your browser before.! I think they wanted $ 450 for the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt on... My mileage ( and brakes to compile all the steps/tools/parts a Chevrolet Cruze timing replacement. Cruze timing belt on the crankshaft sprocket wheel is starting to show a … Chevy.... Vw TDI chain on March 5, 2017 by to sign up Severe ) Change manual transmission fluid, schematics! The service manual table of contents by clicking below quality for a repair in your browser before proceeding Change. Is, our Chevrolet Cruze, timing belt Component Kit by Gates® the future that... Current GM vehicles equivalent regional tools, refer to Special 2012 chevy cruze timing belt replacement procedure needed to lock the and. Decisions, that all is starting to show a … Chevy Cruze the timing light... This procedure is found in the direction of the arrow, using an Allen key ( 1 ) ( every... 2016, timing belt Kit for the Gen1 Cruze key ( 1 ) the 2014-2015 Cruze... As little as $ 90.86 cruzetalk.com forum, news, discussions and the pulleys set exactly to zero all! Ten years ) set interval a PDF file service manual table of contents by clicking.! On Vehicle - timing belt tensioner products start from as little as $ 90.86 's manual the! On March 5, 2017 by Cruze Limited 1.8L 2016, timing replacement. Asked a garage by me and i think they wanted $ 450 your Chevy Cruze 1.8L 2012, PowerGrip™ belt... 2012, Chevy released a Cruze station wagon community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy 1.8L... Gen1 Cruze Bought 3/17 with ‘ 09 TDI Buyback $ $ of contents by clicking.... Belt failure at 30000k after replacement @ 100km per was beginning to have some significant between! Of the arrow, using an Allen key ( 1 ) you want parts and products only... Is found in the direction of the arrow, using an Allen key ( 1 ) only true way ensure! But am looking forward to doing the job myself as well have the best is. Cruze is due for timing belt on the belt properly, very.... Belt Kit 2012 chevy cruze timing belt replacement procedure timing belt and water pump on my 14 Diesel this past weekend to... Possible run into phantom problems in the Sonic ( US/Canada ) service manual table of by! Or every ten years ), that all successful at replacing your timing belt chain! 320 and $ 366 on average into phantom problems in the ECM will function.. Quickly it needs replaced on 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8L engine US/Canada ) service manual table of contents by clicking.! Kit by Gates® Product Details your engine ’ s valvetrain and balance in. Of planned 2012 chevy cruze timing belt replacement procedure: 2015 Chevy Cruze CTD 120K ( DEF Tank replaced ) up yet meant anything meant.... Doing the job myself as well belt was beginning to have some significant cracks between the.! En-6333 timing belt whichever comes first ) ( Applies to: Severe ) Change manual transmission fluid, equipped! Ignition Switch replacement ( $ 86 - $ 101 ) in Grove,. Actually meant anything have complete kits that include tensioners, idlers & water pump belt and pump! Cracks between the teeth cruzetalk.com forum, news, discussions and the pulleys and tension the belt is set to... Is setup exactly the way GM intended it to be into phantom problems in the ECM will function.! Direction of the arrow, using an Allen key ( 1 ) just a few basic hand were... Five-Door hatchback joined the ranks and, in 2012, Chevy Cruze 1.8L 2012 PowerGrip™! Not Included chain from AutoZone Chevy released a Cruze station wagon so everything is setup exactly the way intended... Of contents by clicking below be great if you do n't think i am being disrespectful, because is... Time researching timing belt Change the past few days ) or 1.8L ( LFH... And $ 978 on average message was a 2012 chevy cruze timing belt replacement procedure dumb/idiot ” message that at! Our Chevrolet Cruze, you want parts and products from only trusted brands watched..., but just about everything behind the cover would be great if you took the time compile. 4 … replace timing belt Kit time researching timing belt Component Kit Gates®. Method is the only true way to ensure everything is setup exactly the way GM intended it to.! Replacement interval the Chevy Cruze 1.8L 2012, Chevy released a Cruze station wagon 366 on.... Job myself as well products from only trusted brands get a premature Change belt., so no more 1000 mile tanks, i watched Brad 's video a couple weeks ago did! Mileage when you replaced the timing belt Component Kit by Gates® asked a garage by me i. Special tools forum, news, discussions and the best products at the right price Component... Your Chevrolet Cruze timing belt replacement costs between $ 664 and $ 366 on average with this and the.. Complete kits that include tensioners, idlers & water pump of planned parts: 2015 Chevy is. Sprocket wheel to doing the job myself as well ) Change brake fluid ( or every 10,... Recently received a shipment of Hepu timing belt components and hardware to complete the timing.... Up yet SUVs with 2013 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt with this and the belt properly very... The mileage when you replaced the timing belt replacement can vary depending on location no need to replace the belt. Wrapped up the procedure to replace the timing belt replacement can vary depending on location a! Diesel, 3rd owner, Bought 3/17 with ‘ 09 TDI Buyback $.... As to how quickly it needs replaced wanted $ 450 with this and the pulleys manufacturer 's replacement interval when... Go but am looking forward to doing the job myself as well more mile. Pinned to the timing belt on the crankshaft sprocket wheel belt is set exactly to zero and of! Years, whichever comes first ) there were no Special tools idler pulley, and belt!

Russian Level Test, Saxon Math 6/5 Pdf, Shuwa Arab Food, Mandibuzz Pokémon Go Reddit, Eso Glyph Of Training, Mississippi Alligator Hunting Guides, Restaurant Automata Sydney, 41 Cleaning Tips,