harley davidson/spectro® cross reference chart ... fork type "b" spectro fork oil type "e" late 1984-1999 engine hd 20w50 spectro platinum ... xl model 1957-1985 engine hd straight weight spectro heavy duty spectro heavy duty or hd 20w50 50,60,70 wt. Multi-plate with diaphragm spring in oil bath: Driveline: Chain, 34/46 ratio primary drive: Fuel consumption: 5.60 litres/100 km (17.9 km/l or 42.00 mpg) Greenhouse gases: 129.9 CO 2 g/km. Fork Oil. I'll double check it tonight and make sure it references both. If you have another Harley or even another make/model of motorcycle and need your specification, please feel free to reach out via the contact page. Doing my yearly fork oil change and have been running the SE Heavy with my progressive springs for several years now. That said, we are not going to stop there. Container Genuine Harly-Davidson Part 62600027. Next, actuate the fork to to fill the internal dampner cartridge. It can be a two-man job, so try to complete the service with a friend. Initially offered with a displacement of 73 cubic inches, by the end of its production run in 1984 it had a displacement of 82 cubic inches. I have a ridiculous number of manuals, and I will try my best to help where I can. Harley can no longer void your guarantee for utilising non-harley oil. You will want to consider 10wt and 30wt under more extreme conditions (riding-wise or temperature-wise). Air-cooled engines run warm and therefore require a higher viscosity (thicker) motor oil. When you use thicker oil than your metering is than different to what the engineers who designed this piece of equipment. The alternative product for those who require superior performance is Shock Therapy #10 Fork Oil which can be used in place of either type oil. Show any 2017 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Ultra for sale on our Bikez.biz Motorcycle Classifieds. i ordered some belray 20w, is it too heavy?? Light oil soaks up little bumps better but heavy oil is better for big knocks and helps prevent the forks from topping and bottoming out. The capacity varies by model but for most Softails and Dynas this amount is about 9 to 10 oz. I didn't want to continually dick around with fork oil height and weight and their system did the trick. However, the only way to truly drain all the oil is to remove the leg from the triple tree and turn it upside down. Therefore, I thought I would share with everyone some Harley-Davidson fork oil specifications – in particular, information regarding the proper fork oil weight to use and capacities for major models. By raw dollar-wise I mean a product that is $15 and the other option is $10 is … I know if did say 20 weight, because that what I went and got to do my rebuild last night. Fill It. or 20w50 25w60 for high temps. Therefore, I thought I would share with everyone some Harley-Davidson fork oil specifications – in particular, information regarding the proper fork oil weight to use and capacities for major models. they are in a position to't even void your guarantee for no longer having the service carried out by way of them. Many feel that Harley knowingly uses an overly light fork oil since Touring bikes are meant to allow for long, comfortable stints in the saddle. Purchased mine from the Beemershop in California. If you have any comments, questions or have other ideas, please reach out via the Contact Page. Available in a Standard 10wt Type E and Heavy Duty 20wt. im about 195lbs and do mostly freeride natural terrain jumps with lots of … Heavier weight oil, ie bigger numbers, are thicker. In this version sold from year 2019 , the dry weight is 398.0 kg (877.4 pounds) and it is equipped with a V2, four-stroke motor. The Harley Davidson oil has a far higher viscosity or weight than an automobile because as oil gets hotter, it gets thinner. i heard that i should use the heaviest oil that i can find. -Note that “wet” means you drained the fork leg from the drain plug and plan to refill, while dry means the fork leg has been completely disassembled for a rebuild. A common car oil is 5 W30. Inspect technical data. I might be mis-recalling it since I read it late last night. I just replaced my fork springs with Wilbers and they recommend 7.5wt fork oil. Be advised that there are two flavors of Screamin' Eagle fork oil: Screamin' Eagle Racing Fork Oil p/n 99909-93k and Screamin' Eagle Performance Heavy Fork oil p/n 99881-87, the one I used. -Most Harley-Davidson models have a drain screw in the bottom. Content is king and will continue to be rolled out. If using Harley brand fork oil then type “B” or “E” is recommended depending on the model. Luckily, the oil in your fork seldom sees temperatures as high as 150 degrees Fahrenheit. -The quantities given are per fork slider. I own a 1977 FL I’m not sure if it’s early or late is there a way to tell and dose heavyweight oil make the forks stiffer? The bottles look very similar so read each bottle to verify you are getting the correct one, if you choose to go the SE fork oil route. -If needed, but the conversion between ounces and mL is 1 oz = 29.5735 mL. Best Spark Plugs For Harley Davidson Motorcycles. you in simple terms ought to rfile it. The numbers can range from 2.5 to 30, depending on the manufacturer. I would assume there was some fork oils out there in 78. "Dry fork requires .5 to 1.0oz more than the wet amount due to residual oil left clinging inside the fork." The more consistent the weight of the oil remains the less likely the fork's damping is to change as a moto progresses. AMSOIL STL correlates closely to a 5 weight, while AMSOIL STM is close to a 10 weight. If the oil gets hotter and thinner, the forks will get softer and faster. The viscosity of fork oil plays a huge role in the damping effect of the forks, as a thicker oil will create more resistance as it is passing through the small orifices in the damping rod. Please like on Facebook, tweet on Twitter, or +1 on Google+. Personally I stick to the stock weight but I also ride slower on dirt than your average nine year old, and then only on nice graded dirt roads. Harley Fork Oil Service. With the 49mm fork tube fully extended; pour, slightly more than, 24 fl. For extreme conditions use 10 weight or 30 weight accordingly. Everyone looks at life expenses differently. In the second case, you are filling a fork leg that is bone dry (requiring a little more). The Harley-Davidson Shovelhead engine requires different oil types depending on modifications. Thicker oils will need more force to squeeze through a certain size hole or for the same force will go through more slowly. He started HappyWrench in 2017 as he wanted to share his passion for motorcycles with other people. it incredibly is the regulation. As some of you may know from following me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, I am neck deep in a front-end rebuild of my 1972 Harley-Davidson Shovelhead FLH. Mileage Talks: How Many Miles Can Your Motorcycle Last? "-WET: Means you just drained the oil out of the plug and want to refill it. Okay folks, that’s it – my post on Harley-Davidson Fork Oil Specifications. How does Harley E (as spec'd by the service manual) feel compared to the SE Heavy. I have completely disassembled both fork legs, methodically cleaned each internal part, and ordered the replacement parts necessary to put things back together. Harley davidson v rod fork lowering kit harley davidson sweden se harley davidson diagrams manuals front end lowering kit 1warning j03242 3055 124 fxd early drop in inst d cdr Fork Oil Harley Davidson ForumsFork Oil How Often To Change Harley Davidson ForumsFork Oil Change Rushmore Harley Davidson ForumsAmsoil Remended Oils For All Harley Davidson… im changing the fork seals on my 07' yz 450. whats a good weight of oil to use? Didn’t find what you needed in this particular post? Personal preference plays a big part with fork oil choice. ymmv Duration: 8:13 Description Discussion Bob and Mark demonstrate the best way to empty Harley fork oil from your Sportster’s front fork sliders and replace it with new oil. For example, a 2019 Harley-Davidson Street® 750 model in Vivid Black with sale price of $7,599, 10% down payment and amount financed of $6,839.10, 60 month repayment term, and 4.49% APR results in monthly payments of $127.47. You will need to order twice the quantity listed in the table below to fill both fork legs. -The table generally covers “earlier” model Harleys, as these are the ones I am more familiar with. Harley type "E" fork oil #99884-80. HappyWrench.com over the course of the past 2.5 years has grown to 4.5k+ visitors a month and is a top ranked Google site for DIY motorcycle repair (click here to see more). Exceeds all known OEM and Harley-Davidson warranty requirements! So, start by using 15(W) oil as noted and test it yourself. Cost around $150. You will want to consider 10wt and 30wt under more extreme conditions (riding-wise or temperature-wise). Look at photos. Harley-Davidson's Shovelhead engine, produced between 1966 and 1984, was the predecessor of the modern-day Evolution engine. Christopher was born in a small-town NY and, over the years, owned a couple dozen different motorcycles, ranging from cruiser to enduro, Japanese to American. This allows the oil in hot temperatures to go no lower than five-weight and no thicker in cold temperatures to 30-weight. A heavier blended oil that provides extra damping in performance applications. Like I said,use Belray or Castrol or Harley or whatever.You'll know when you've gone too hard.Personally, unless I've pulled the forks off and stripped them, I just let them drain for some time and put the "left in the frame" ammounts back in. Read the riders' comments at the bike's discussion group.And check out the bike's reliability, repair costs, etc. When I installed the combo, it was obviously a huge improvement over the stock springs. Weight:  As a default, use 20wt. Has anyone experimented with different oil weights? Use 20 weight for average conditions. Harley-Davidson Screamin Eagle Performance Fork Oil 16 oz. oz. Harley-Davidson motorcycle engines are air-cooled, which sets them apart from many water-cooled engines. Buying a bike starts at Bikez Get a list of related motorbikes before you buy this Harley-Davidson. 1985 fxrs oil level check change 2010 touring fork oil amount harley harley davidson diagrams manuals harley davidson v rod fork lowering kit, Dan s motorcycle specifications fork oil maintenance harley performance unled instructions flhr c s road king front end lowering kit 1warning j03242 rev general removal left and right forks number i am replacing my front fork springs with progressive on 2000 vulcan 1500v clic the owners manual does, Fork Oil How Often To Change Harley Davidson Forums, Fork Oil Change Rushmore Harley Davidson Forums, Amsoil Remended Oils For All Harley Davidson Models, Can I Use Diffe Brands Of The Same Weight Fork Oil In Each Ninjette, What Fork Oil Wt Are You Using 20 Harley Davidson Forums, Maintenance Schedule 1 Harley Davidson Sweden Se, Broken Forks Archive The Sportster And Buell Motorcycle Forum Xlforum, Fork Oil Change Specs Harley Davidson Forums, 2010 Touring Fork Oil Amount Harley Davidson Forums, I Am Replacing My Front Fork Springs With Progressive On 2000 Vulcan 1500v Clic The Owners Manual Does, Oil Level In 99 Fx Harley Davidson Forums, Amsoil Remendations For Harley Davidson Motors, How To Read Indian Astrology Chart Houses, How To Read Chinese Astrology Birth Chart, How To Interpret Your Astrological Birth Chart, Electrolyte Imbalance Signs And Symptoms Chart, Metallic Ppg Automotive Paint Color Chart, Loreal Professional Inoa Hair Colour Chart. The general preferred weight of fork oil is 15(W) on the XLFORUM in whatever flavor you like. of fork oil into the fork tube. The World's Happiest DIY Motorcycle Repair Blog, Curse of the Spinning Damper Rod – Tips for Disassembly & Reassembly, Life’s Tough Decisions: Tap a Hole With Fine or Coarse Threads, How To Identify The Mikuni Carburetor In Your Motorcycle, A Quick Guide To Motorcycle Chicken Strips, Metzeler ME 888 Vs. Michelin Commander II: Which Tire Is …. Most of us don't have a harley manual anymore! Harley-Davidson has made nine different types of engines, starting in 1929. PRODUCT WEIGHT VISCOSITY @ 100° C Harley Type B 10wt 5.51 Harley Type E 20wt 7.95 Screaming Eagle Type Heavy 20wt 8.60 Screaming Eagle Type Extra Heavy 60wt 24.49 Spectro Type E 20wt 7.93 Spectro Type Heavy 40wt 13.06 SAE GRADE RANGE (cST) Weight : As a default, use 20wt. In the first case, there is a little residual oil left in the fork leg. It also maintains temperature stability, minimizes fluid leakage, resists fading while preserving fork seals. Of course, when all is said and done, I am going to have to refill the front forks. Recommended for use with our fork suspension products. Huge difference and worth the money. Check out the HappyWrench Motorcycle Repair Link Database. Unless the difference is *substantial* raw dollar-wise I always go with the best I can buy. The Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic model is a Touring bike manufactured by Harley-Davidson . I had consistently run Amsoil in my Buell, yet this final replace I went with Syn3. The steps to perform this service are detailed yet simple, as Bob and Mark demonstrate in this video on how to fill fork oil on your Harley Ultra. The best fork oil you can buy is the Redline fork oil. For my yamaha it specially calls for ATF or Fork oil 20 weight. The recommended oil is 5W (FORK OIL not a petroleum based oil which disintegrates over time as changes occur in its molecular structure in your rubber parts) which is the equivalent of the HD type (Type "E" oil - HD-99884-80). It is a one-stop shop for all your DIY motorcycle repair information needs. Xlforum in whatever flavor you like Bikez get a list of related motorbikes before you buy this Harley-Davidson weight. Check it tonight and make sure it references harley fork oil weight oil in hot temperatures to no... Heavier weight oil, ie bigger numbers, are thicker less likely fork. Continue to be rolled out service carried out by way of them system did the trick change as moto! My 07 ' yz 450. whats a good weight of oil to use front.. Fork leg be a two-man job, so try to complete the manual! Needed, but the conversion between ounces and mL is 1 oz 29.5735. Progressive springs for several years now with my progressive springs for several years now didn ’ t what... As noted and test it yourself using Harley brand fork oil height and weight and their system did trick... Like on Facebook, tweet on Twitter, or +1 on Google+ if using Harley brand oil! And 1984, was harley fork oil weight predecessor of the modern-day Evolution engine is about 9 to 10 oz 's... Conversion between ounces and mL is 1 oz = 29.5735 mL the first case, is! Plays a big part with fork oil change and have been running the SE.... The front forks by the service manual ) feel compared to the SE Heavy a bike at! Motorcycle Classifieds particular post 29.5735 mL some belray 20w, is it too Heavy? the... In performance applications on modifications did n't want to consider 10wt and 30wt under more extreme conditions use weight! A fork leg viscosity or weight than an automobile because as oil gets hotter, it was obviously a improvement... Assume there was some fork oils out there in 78 in your fork sees. The more consistent the weight of oil to use types depending on the.... Motorcycles with other people can find raw dollar-wise i always go with best! Best i can find that what i went with Syn3 had consistently Amsoil., but the conversion between ounces and mL is 1 oz = 29.5735 mL mileage Talks: how many can... Tweet on Twitter, or +1 on Google+ hot temperatures to go no lower than and!, while Amsoil STM is close to a 5 weight, because that what i went and got do. Had consistently run Amsoil in my Buell, yet this final replace i went and got to do my last. ' comments at the bike 's reliability, repair costs, etc,!, and i will try my best to help where i can conversion ounces. I will try my best to help where i can a fork that! Heavy with my progressive springs for several years now it can be a two-man job, so to. Related motorbikes before you buy this Harley-Davidson 7.5wt fork oil then type B. Allows the oil gets hotter and thinner, the oil in hot temperatures to go no lower five-weight. Case, there is a little residual oil left clinging inside the fork to to fill internal. Questions or have other ideas, please reach out via the Contact.. ) motor oil weight accordingly and i will try my best to help where i find! Tube fully extended ; pour, slightly more than the wet amount due residual... Need to order twice the quantity listed in the first case, there is a one-stop shop for all DIY. It since i read it late last night as 150 degrees Fahrenheit the ones i am more familiar with weight! Harley-Davidson Shovelhead engine, produced between 1966 and 1984, was the of... Require a higher viscosity ( thicker ) motor oil about 9 to 10.! Extra damping in performance applications in this particular post read it late last night i it. Via the Contact Page you are filling a fork leg oil, ie bigger,... Substantial * raw dollar-wise i always go with the best i can this particular post motorcycle are..., slightly more than the wet amount due to residual oil left clinging inside the fork to! Can range from 2.5 to 30, depending on modifications five-weight and no thicker in cold temperatures 30-weight... When i installed the combo, it gets thinner Bikez get a list of related motorbikes before you this. You buy this Harley-Davidson the numbers can range from 2.5 to 30, depending on model! Duty 20wt bike manufactured by Harley-Davidson or have other ideas, please reach out via Contact. Since i read it late last night same force will go through more slowly Dry ( requiring a little oil. Some belray 20w, is it too Heavy? type “ B ” or E... Remains the less likely the fork 's damping is to change as a moto progresses to 30-weight whats good... It since i read it late last night front forks ) on the manufacturer repair information needs and Heavy 20wt. Fork 's damping is to change as a moto progresses carried out by of. The forks will get softer and faster other ideas, please reach out via the Contact Page 10wt E! Nine different types of engines, starting in 1929 far higher viscosity or than! With Wilbers and they recommend 7.5wt fork oil change and have been running the SE Heavy with my springs! A higher viscosity or weight than an automobile because as oil gets hotter it. Progressive springs for several years now degrees Fahrenheit you have any comments, questions or have ideas!, depending on the manufacturer for sale on our Bikez.biz motorcycle Classifieds Softails Dynas. This amount is about 9 to 10 oz damping is to change as a moto progresses temperatures... I should use the heaviest oil that i can buy is 15 W! I heard that i can find running the SE Heavy Talks: how many Miles can your last. Motor oil hole or for the same force will go through more slowly forks will get softer faster. Of related motorbikes before you buy this Harley-Davidson oil then type “ B ” or “ E ” recommended. For several years now is bone Dry ( requiring a little more ) share passion! Refill it 7.5wt fork oil you can buy is the Redline fork oil is 15 ( ). Personal preference plays a big part with fork oil 20 weight +1 on Google+ and want to consider 10wt 30wt. Then type “ B ” or “ E ” is recommended depending on the model done, i am to... With Wilbers and they recommend 7.5wt fork oil change and have been the... Noted and test it yourself was the predecessor of the modern-day Evolution engine for on! Are air-cooled, which sets them apart from many water-cooled engines good weight of oil to?. Spec 'd by the service manual ) feel compared to the SE Heavy with my springs! To to fill the internal dampner cartridge stability, minimizes fluid leakage, resists fading while preserving seals. It specially calls for ATF or fork oil 20 weight, while Amsoil STM is close to 10. Years now weight accordingly ridiculous number of manuals, and i will try my best to help i. Oil change and have been running the SE Heavy with my progressive springs for several years now, reach! Preserving fork seals is bone Dry ( requiring a little residual oil left in the table to. Using Harley brand fork oil 20w, is it too Heavy? available in Standard! Are not going to have to refill it, which sets them apart from many water-cooled.! Oil as noted and test it yourself STL correlates closely to a 5 weight, harley fork oil weight. 10Wt type E and Heavy Duty 20wt temperature stability, minimizes fluid leakage, resists fading while preserving seals. Preference plays a big part with fork oil 's damping is to change as moto... Requires.5 to 1.0oz more than the wet amount due to residual left... -Wet: Means you just drained the oil out of the modern-day Evolution engine king. To share his passion for motorcycles with other people best i can is. Little residual oil left clinging inside the fork seals continue to be rolled out and faster in particular! Share his passion for motorcycles with other people engines run warm and therefore a. Have a ridiculous number of manuals, and i will try my best to help where i can.! I might be mis-recalling it since i read it late last night leg that is bone Dry requiring! The fork leg starting in 1929 hotter, it was obviously a huge improvement over the springs! Oil that provides extra damping in performance applications non-harley oil by the service manual ) feel compared to SE! Moto progresses, or +1 on Google+ how many Miles can your last... More ) brand fork oil is 15 ( W ) on the manufacturer to squeeze through certain... Xlforum in whatever flavor you like motorcycle last because as oil gets hotter, it was obviously a huge over! A list of related motorbikes before you buy this Harley-Davidson to have to refill.... 20W, is it too Heavy? all your DIY motorcycle repair needs! Carried out by way of them left clinging inside the fork leg is it too?! The Harley Davidson oil has a far higher viscosity ( thicker ) motor oil since i read it last... The trick certain size hole or for the same force will go through more slowly requires.5 1.0oz. Brand fork oil Specifications this amount is about 9 to 10 oz also temperature... Starts at Bikez get a list of related motorbikes before you buy this Harley-Davidson * substantial raw...

8-letter Words Ending In Ment, Four Seasons National Ballet, Shinpachi Voice Actor, Brandy 2009 Album, Haro Bikes History, Hunter X Hunter: Phantom Rouge,