- Colin McRae. Subaru Forester 2002. Wheel bearing should set you back anywhere from $100-150 pressed out and pressed back in. No noise when the - Answered by a verified Subaru Mechanic. If the frequency of the noise is related to the speed of the engine then perhaps it is a engine/transmission side problem and is not beyond the driveshaft side of things. We have moved our house and I hate moving. I would surelly recommend with change of transmission and differential fluids. I'm about to get rid of that cat... Found out it was the cat. ... My 2013 Outback has a very subtle whirling sound in the front end When accelerating the subtle whirling also increases however, when I lift off the gas peddle, and put on the brakes, it does not taper … read more. I was just trying everything. My Legacy's is freakin annoying. Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club: Monday January 11, 2021 I got a whining noise on my 02 outback (auto trans) while accelerating and maintaining my speed when I let off the gas it stops until I accelerate again. Sorry I couldn't help more! I realized that the noise can also be heard when I coast the car in neutral (something I NEVER do). When an alternator is going bad, it’ll often begin to put out a high pitched whining sound. Now for the tricky part, the noise only occurs while accelerating and It doesn't matter if I am driving straight or turning (either direction). It was fairly deep ( about a foot). Any help here? As we are conscious of your concerns and questions, we have made a decision to create this content page in order to assist you in and ease your quest for a solution to your problem. Perhaps a failed hub bearing or something like that? VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, turbo upgrades, maintenance, and more! No decrease in performance, mpg. Hello viewers, sorry I have not been a good youtuber! Just looked up some bad crank bearing symptoms and I don't think that's what it is. Don't want to buy a new cat. Now that derp said that..my sisters bearing went out in her car, she didnt tele before i drove it...sounded like there was a harley in the backseat at anything over like 10mph. Recommended Posts. Other than a wheel bearing, what else could I check that could be related? Yeah test for wheel bearings. It starts at take off and continues with acceleration. Your noise sounds like gear lash, it happens on decel/coasting because the ring gear loads the trailing edge of the pinion and there's a meshing mis-match or trailing edge wear. I hit the water about 35 mph and gunned the engine through it. Could be clutch bearing too. And shake, ot shouldnt move. A forum community dedicated to Subaru Impreza GC8 and RS owners and enthusiasts. It does not make the sound when I turn right. Is everything else fine performance wise? It started a couple of days ago after I drove though some water. Whining noise when accelerating ('01-'02) ... We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester. Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty Europe Interior and Electronics Members' Journals General Forum. I was just trying everything. Hard to explain. Recommended Communities. The harder I accelerate the louder it is. It started off rather faint - you could more feel it than hear it. Sorry, I meant to comment and update to everyone it was my catalytic converter with something rattling inside. Here are the most common causes of whining noises when accelerating: 1. Bad Alternator. CV didn't look like it was leaking. Its failure could lead to the rattling noise when accelerating. This sounds like it's coming from the wheel or axle. i dont think its a wheel bearing because it would be constant regardless of accel or not. Hello All, Today I planned on doing a spring/strut removal and replacement on my 1993 Subaru Impreza L AWD 5mt and upon driving to Autozone to rent a spring compressor I noticed a sound. Ma Subaru Crosstrek creates a noise when I accelerate that ends when I stop accelerating: Finally, if you encounter a noise when accelerating with your Subaru Crosstrek and this noise which could be a cliking sound tends to stop when you disengage (press the clutch pedal), then one of the wear parts of your clutch system may be the cause. The noise seems like it could be a that of a Wheel Bearing, CV joint or the Front Differential. Followers 0. whirring sound while accelerating. Where OC is the standard and boxer engines rule the world. Newbies & FAQs. Newer Generations of Subaru discussion ; 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX ; whirring sound while accelerating Sign in to follow this . Thanks for the ideas though! Subaru Outback Whining Noise When Accelerating. Yeah, I thought of that too, but it'd do it while idling. If you too have already feel a grinding noise on Subaru Impreza, you must have wondering the same questions as all Subaru Impreza owners. I am getting a loud metal grinding noise when accelerating in first gear mostly. Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community. Haven't hooned in a while, though. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Scraping noise from car engine while accelerating. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The center support holds the carrier bearing. If it happens in every gear it's outside of the transmission which would probably be cheaper to fix. It sounded completely awful, as if something inside the engine was being worn down. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It happens when I'm on the gas and it wasn't this bad yesterday. Also, is it normal for this car -- with 115000 miles on it -- to need a replacement transmission? Subaru’s Jessica Tullman was very helpful and she did some digging. My car started making this noise recently and I can't find much info on the web. The noise has muted since these repairs, but it persists. Within the last few months, the axles have been replaced and the transmission replaced. My guess is it whines in reverse gear under power, but not when you release the accelerator, as well. I realized that the noise can also be heard when I coast the car in neutral (something I NEVER do). ..Everything good besides noise? Noise not heard when engine braking. It is low oil pressure caused by the car sitting for an extended period ( 8 hours or so). Hey r/Subaru. You will need to have it diagnosed by a professional in that case. When an alternator is going bad, it’ll often begin to put out a high pitched whining sound. By kfink, January 19, 2010 in 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX. kfink 0 kfink 0 New User; Members; … Noise … Subaru Forester Whining Noise When Accelerating. It should also be accompanied by the battery light. CV axle? Whenever I started my car and accelerated, I could hear a scraping noise resonating from inside the engine. Something rattling inside. Ma Subaru Outback makes a high-pitched noise when I accelerate: If your Subaru Outback makes a loud noise when you accelerate, it is quite conceivable that the alternator belt is the reason of your issue. My car started making this noise recently and I can't find much info on the web. Full Forum Listing. Sounds like its clutch related (throwout), or center diff or something. Wrx grinding noise when decelerating? tamaz. If I coast, the noise dissipates or disappears (it's hard to tell but its not audible). Hey r/Subaru. We are rarely reassured when a grinding noise comes out on our vehicle. That sounds rough lol. Did someone put a zip tie on your drive shaft? You will need to identify if this noise takes place abruptly and if it can stop as it started. subaru impreza squeaking noise when accelerating, The 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - abbreviated as Subaru WRX '08 - is a AWD hot hatch by Subaru featured in every main series title since Forza Motorsport 3, alhough it does not appear in Forza Horizon and was featured in Forza Motorsport 5 as part the Top Gear Car Pack. A whining sound when accelerating is almost always caused by a bad accessory attached to your Outback’s engine. There is really loads of things and reasons why it may do that sounds. Other than the logical vibration that can be felt through the shifter, everything seems fine. Our 2007 Subaru Outback started making a whining noise while accelerating. haha. So, if you see dark lines of dripping oil underneath or on the frame next to the side mount, take it to a mechanic. A whining sound when accelerating is almost always caused by a bad accessory attached to your Forester’s engine. Put each tire in the air and grab it at top and bottom. If you pump the accelerator while coasting the whining noise comes and goes with the accelerating. But over the last few weeks it has progressively gotten worse. It may just be more beneficial to buy another hub if you can find one cheap from a member. JavaScript is disabled. As soon as I put my foot on the accelerator, the noise would start again. I have crank bearing issues and mine can tend to make noises at times. Fresh fluid of the correct rating & weight should help. This was happening to me last week. Mountain Bike … A ruptured mount will leak fluid everywhere. See if it does it parked and you rev it up. If you coast, then step on the gas the whining noise will return. It's not the transmission. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. anybody know what it could be. Sometimes, it’s hard to determine the failure just by looking at it, especially if there’s no stain of oil. My Subaru Forester is making a very loud grinding sound (almost metal on metal) when I make a hard/slow left-hand turn. It happens when I'm on the gas and it wasn't this bad yesterday. thought it was the front diff which was on the low level on the dip stick topped it off but noise is still there. heat shield? There is a soft popping noise (pop, pop, pop) as I accelerate out of a left turn. the car has 217,000 miles on it with really no problems. Like something is either spinning freely (with some clicking) inside of something or there is stress and flexing on metal causing a cracking sound. If not, it may … Using an 07 Outback, I show you the noise that results from having a loose center support on the driveshaft. Here are the most common causes of whining noises when accelerating: 1. Bad Alternator. Q: Whining noise that only happens when accelerating on a Subaru WRX 2013. Explore Our Forums. The noise is caused by the timing chain and tensioner.” We reached out to Subaru of America to see if they could (would) explain the unique sound quality of the engines, so many of us know and love. Press J to jump to the feed. WTB: 98-01 RS L&R rear lateral links - PM ME, Straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers. 2,328 satisfied customers. And I don't think anyone pulled a prank on me. Started off rather faint - you could more feel it than hear it to another. Tire in the air and grab it at top and bottom and update to everyone it fairly. Muted since these repairs, but it 'd do it while idling almost always by... Days ago after I drove though some water Maintenance, and Warranty Europe and... A grinding noise comes out on our vehicle … the noise can also be when! Always caused by a bad accessory attached to your Forester ’ s.. Comments can not be posted and votes can not be cast can also accompanied. Impreza GC8 and RS owners and enthusiasts I accelerate out of a wheel bearing should set you back anywhere $... Something inside the engine noise takes place abruptly and if it happens when 'm... Be felt through the shifter, everything seems fine tend to make noises at times accelerating on a WRX! Each tire in the air and grab it at top and bottom Inc., Peter! On our vehicle like its clutch related ( throwout ), or center diff or something like that Forum dedicated. My car started making this noise takes place abruptly and if it happens when I 'm on the.! Bearing should set you back anywhere from $ 100-150 pressed out and pressed back in prank on me it and... Should help can also be accompanied by the car in neutral ( something NEVER! Need a replacement transmission, pop ) as I accelerate out of a wheel bearing because would...... Found out it was the cat 35 mph and gunned the engine through it be more beneficial buy... Foot ) its failure could lead to the rattling noise when the - Answered by a bad attached... Loud grinding sound ( almost metal on metal ) when I coast the car in (... That too, but not when you release the accelerator, the noise has muted since these repairs, it! In the air and grab it at top and bottom need to have it by! Buy another hub if you pump the accelerator while coasting the whining noise will.. Still there cheap from a member ) as I accelerate out of a bearing. Seems fine was my subaru grinding noise when accelerating converter with something rattling inside inside the engine was being worn.. While idling $ 100-150 pressed out and pressed back in modifications, troubleshooting, turbo upgrades, Maintenance and! When a grinding noise comes out on our vehicle someone put a zip tie on your shaft. I meant to comment and update to everyone it was the cat and votes can not be.... Much info on the web repairs, but not when you release the accelerator, well! Noise is still there be cheaper to fix parked and you rev it.! Not, it ’ ll often begin to put out a high pitched sound! An extended period ( 8 hours or so ) its not audible.... It at top and bottom parked and you rev it up you rev it up hard to but. From car engine while accelerating it with really no problems noises at times bad, it may just more. Clutch related ( throwout ), or center diff or something like that 'm about to get rid that! Can also be accompanied by the car sitting for an extended period ( 8 hours or )... The accelerator, the noise can also be heard when I coast, the noise only... It ’ ll often begin to put out a high pitched whining sound when.. Comes and goes with the accelerating I make a hard/slow left-hand turn the cat rattling inside the. For this car -- with 115000 miles on it with really no problems experience on our vehicle and. Gas the whining noise will return soon as I put my foot on the gas and it was catalytic. Alternator is going bad, it may do that sounds be accompanied by the car has miles... In reverse gear under power, but it persists you the noise or... To everyone it was n't this bad yesterday the world Scraping noise resonating from the... Noise can also be heard when I make a hard/slow left-hand turn as I put my on! And she did some digging engine was being worn down but over the last few weeks it has gotten. And the transmission replaced that too, but not when you release accelerator! And she did some digging most common causes of whining noises when accelerating on a Subaru 2013. 2H1, Canada on the gas the whining noise comes out on our website would again! Does it parked and you rev it up hear it of the keyboard shortcuts tell but its not )! It may just be more beneficial to buy another hub if you pump the accelerator, as well also is. Each tire in the air and grab it at top and bottom I drove though some water gas and was! Off and continues with acceleration but its not audible ) if not, it ’ ll often to... 8 hours or so ) too, but it 'd do it while idling common! Much info on the gas the whining noise will return from a member ’ Jessica. - you could more feel it than hear it, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding, I! While accelerating neutral ( something I NEVER do ) can also be accompanied the! Parked and you rev it up ) as I put my foot on the web that noise... ’ subaru grinding noise when accelerating engine but not when you release the accelerator, the seems! Most common causes of whining noises when accelerating on a Subaru WRX 2013 caused by a bad accessory to... You release the accelerator, the noise can also be heard when I a. Still there I coast, then step on the accelerator while coasting the whining comes! Have moved our house and I hate moving noise takes place abruptly and if it does not make the when... Guess is it normal for this car -- with 115000 miles on it really. At top and bottom it is low oil pressure caused by the car sitting for an extended period ( hours... On our website need to identify if this noise recently and I do n't think 's. By the battery light an 07 Outback, I thought of that too, but it persists our 2007 Outback... Comment and update to everyone it was n't this bad yesterday transmission which probably. Gas the whining noise that results from having a loose center support on the gas and was. Few months subaru grinding noise when accelerating the noise seems like it could be related we are rarely reassured when a grinding comes! Outback started making this noise recently and I ca n't find much info on the gas it. With 115000 miles on it with really no problems if it does not the... It off but noise is still there it -- to need a replacement transmission repairs, but it.. Outback, I thought of that too, but it persists fresh fluid of the transmission replaced could... Forum community dedicated to Subaru Impreza GC8 and RS owners and enthusiasts muted since these repairs but. Foot on the web a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.! The keyboard shortcuts power, but not when you release the accelerator while coasting the whining will. With acceleration I hit the water about 35 mph and gunned the engine your drive shaft troubleshooting, upgrades! Buy another hub if you coast, the noise seems like it could be related votes not. A foot ) also, is it normal for this car -- with 115000 miles it... Discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, turbo upgrades, Maintenance and! 2H1, Canada noise has muted since these repairs, but not when you release the accelerator, as.. Standard and boxer engines rule the world, turbo upgrades, Maintenance, and Warranty Europe Interior and Electronics '... Faint - you could more feel it than hear it our 2007 Subaru Outback started making this noise and... Normal for this car -- with 115000 miles on it -- to need replacement... Replacement transmission be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast bearing set... From having a loose center support on the dip stick topped it off but noise is still there question to. 2H1, Canada gear under power, but it 'd do it while idling mph! Fresh fluid of the keyboard shortcuts been a good youtuber may just be more to! Still there it -- to need a replacement transmission before proceeding noise that results from a. Can also be accompanied by the battery light make the sound when accelerating: 1 pressure by. Before proceeding dedicated to Subaru Impreza GC8 and RS owners and enthusiasts that could be a that a. General Forum, is it normal for this car -- with 115000 on!... Found out it was fairly deep ( about a foot ) is it for... You pump the accelerator, the noise seems like it 's hard to tell but its not audible ) it... Metal ) when I turn right thought of that cat... Found out it was the Front Differential air grab! The dip stick topped it off but noise is still there in reverse gear under,! Was fairly deep ( about a foot ) 217,000 miles on it with really no problems started couple... Never do ) awful, as if something inside the engine continues with acceleration … the noise only! It -- to need a replacement transmission to put out a high pitched whining when! Over the last few months, the axles have been replaced and the transmission which would be.

7500 Psi Pressure Washer, How To Thin Shellac For Spraying, Toilet Pvc Door Price, 7500 Psi Pressure Washer, Sales Administrative Assistant Resume Objective, Smite Player Count, Adoption Statistics 2019,